You and I are just five weeks from Israel’s 70th anniversary with Mideast tensions soaring. And I believe events will only escalate as we near the celebration of Israel’s 70th birthday and the historic opening of the U.S. embassy in Jerusalem.
If there ever was a time to stand with Israel–and to pray for God’s chosen people–it is now. That’s what I’m asking you to do today as you also support the Jewish state by signing our “Happy 70th Anniversary” card to Israel.
+ + Mideast pot boiling . . . here are the disturbing headlines
- On Sunday, Syria allegedly killed dozens, including women and children, when it carried out a despicable chemical weapon attack on a rebel-held enclave near Damascus.
- The next day Israeli jets streaked across Lebanon and fired missiles deep into Syria, striking a military base and killing seven Iranians.
- Today, Iran blasted the air strike, calling it “Israel’s crime” and warning it would “not remain without response.”
- Meanwhile, President Trump promised a “forceful” American response to the Syrian chemical attack, saying yesterday a decision would be made in 24-48 hours. It’s been reported today that a Navy destroyer with 60 Tomahawk cruise missiles on board has approached Syria. Last year the U.S. punished Syria for an earlier chemical attack, launching a barrage of cruise missiles that took out 20 percent of the Syrian air force.
- On top of all this, terror group Hamas is staging weekly riots, bringing tens of thousands of Palestinians to the Gaza/Israel border for what it bills as a peaceful protest. But the Hamas “March of Return” is in reality a violent demonstration, with burning tires, fire bombs, a crude catapult to heave boulders at Israeli soldiers, and furtive attempts to cut through the security fence into Israel.
The Mideast pressure pot is boiling and could explode even before May 14, when Israel celebrates its 70th anniversary and the U.S. makes history by opening its new embassy in Jerusalem–the eternal capital of the state of Israel.
+ + Because of these grave developments, I ask you now to do two things.
- First, stand with Israel in prayer, asking God to protect His people at this time of accelerating tensions. With a military face-off between Israel and Iran a rising possibility, I ask you to pray for the peace of Jerusalem.
- Second, support Israel and the Jewish people now by signing our “Happy 70th Anniversary” card to Israel. This expression of your love and support for the Jewish state will be presented to Israeli leadership on May 14–Israel’s birthday.
+ + The rebirth of Israel in 1948 is a modern miracle!
The return of the Jewish people to the land God promised them, and Israel’s rebirth as a nation in 1948 is a miracle, the fulfillment of prophecy, and part of His Story. The story of Israel’s miracle rebirth is one of the many fascinating accounts we tell in “Why Israel Matters,” an original 13-part series for television that aired last year on TBN to a national and international audience.
Now TBN is inviting us to produce and air a second season of this acclaimed and popular series filmed on location in Israel.
But that won’t happen without you. At a time when Israel is demonized on the world stage, the real story about amazing, modern Israel needs to be told! And you can help make it happen!
And be sure to add your name to the “Happy 70th Anniversary” card!
God bless you. God bless Israel.
Mat Staver, President
Christians in Defense of Israel
P.S. Today, with tensions rising ever higher, I ask you to pray for the peace of Jerusalem. And stand with Israel now by clicking here to sign the “Happy 70th Anniversary” card wishing the Jewish state a Happy Anniversary!