Friday, House Republicans released the controversial and now hotly contested declassified GOP intelligence memo that sheds light on the subversive behind-the-scenes actions of the FBI and the DOJ in a war on the Trump campaign.
The memorandum raises serious concerns about abuses by the FBI and the DOJ regarding individuals at the highest levels who weaponized government agencies against President Trump. The FBI and the DOJ abused their surveillance powers to spy on a former Trump campaign adviser, Carter Page. Using the obviously biased dossier funded by the Democratic National Committee and the Hillary Clinton campaign, the FBI and the DOJ repeatedly failed to inform the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court (FISC) of the biased source.
The highlights of the four-page FISA memo:
• Senior DOJ and FBI officials were aware of the DNC funding behind the dossier but never disclosed that information to the FISA court. The FBI and DOJ were also aware that Steele informed then-Associate Deputy Attorney General Bruce Ohr that he "was desperate that Donald Trump not get elected and was passionate about him not being president." Yet, in the initial and three subsequent extensions of the FISA warrant neither the FBI nor the DOJ informed the FISA court.
• The FISA application never disclosed on four separate occasions that the Steele dossier was associated with the DNC and the Clinton campaign.
• The Anti-Trump dossier was used to obtain a warrant from the FISA court to conduct surveillance on Carter Page, a sometimes foreign former policy advisor to the Trump presidential campaign.
• The FISA application for Carter Page cited a Yahoo News article about Trump's 2016 visit to Russia as evidence, as though this was a corroborating source. However, neither the FBI nor the DOJ informed the FISA court that Christopher Steele leaked his dossier to Yahoo News and Mother Jones.
• By leaking information to the media and openly expressing bias, Steele violated cardinal rules of confidentiality and thus demonstrated he could not be trusted as a reliable witness.
• The FBI suspended Steele as an FBI source for unauthorized disclosure, but even after this suspension, the DOJ continued to use him.
• The FBI and DOJ would not have secured surveillance warrants without the biased dossier. Bruce Ohr, associate deputy attorney general, provided the FBI with Trump opposition research that came from Ohr's wife, who was employed by Fusion GPS, which was funded by the DNC and the Clinton campaign.
It is understandable why some people objected to the release of this memorandum. Former FBI Director James Comey, Rod Rosenstein, then-Associate Deputy Director Bruce Ohr, and others appear to have used the FBI and the DOJ as a political weapon against Donald Trump.
We know that far-Left politicians and operatives are already in a massive campaign ahead of 2018's midterm elections that includes an all-out assault on President Trump and his Pro-Faith, Pro-Family, and Pro-Life Agenda. That is why we have developed our "Citizen Vote of Confidence" for President Trump's agenda. We will deliver these statements of affirmation to DEMOCRAT leaders in the Senate and House, as well as the White House.
Our goal is to rally at least 50,000 citizens to sign this important "Vote Of Confidence" this month so we can deliver this message to both President Trump and Leftist politicians. We remain over 10,000 short of our goal. It is vital that we get as many signers as possible — and we are missing you! Will you join with us today in supporting the President's pro-faith, pro-family, and pro-life agenda?
Just click here or on the image below to automatically be included:
Thank you for joining us in this bold initiative!
P.S. President Trump called the actions of these subversive government officials "a disgrace" and said, "A lot of people should be ashamed of themselves." The only good thing about the recent revelations, and no doubt those to come, is that a thorough cleansing of the swamp can begin.
But first, let's tell President Trump that we have his back when it comes to his Pro-Faith, Pro-Family, and Pro-Life Agenda.