Mar 9, 2017
ORLANDO, FL — Liberty Counsel’s new TV series Why Israel Matters has caught the attention of the bilingual newspaper Jerusalem Post this week. The original 13-week series is now showing the second segment Neighbors on the Trinity Broadcasting Network (TBN) for a third and final time tomorrow (Friday) at 4:30 AM ET. This series educates and gives a first-hand look at what Israel has faced and the impact it continues to have today.
Filmed on location and with many fascinating guests, Why Israel Matters explores the awe-inspiring wonder of this tiny miracle nation from its biblical roots and its heartbreaking history as a scattered people. Host Mati Shoshani will guide viewers through the fascinating elements of Israel’s still-unfolding narrative to its tenacious reemergence as an independent nation and its role today as a model of courage, perseverance and hope that can inspire people throughout the world.
The goal of this series is to powerfully demonstrate the crucial importance of the Jewish state of Israel. Christians, Americans, and the world need to rally around this Middle Eastern democracy. This series is the result of a partnership between Christians in Defense of Israel (CIDI) and Liberty Counsel with TBN and was produced by Impact Productions.
“For such a moment as this, God is uniting Christians and Jews together and drawing them all to Himself. There has never been a more important time for Christians and others of good will to stand up for the nation and people of Israel,” said Mat Staver, Chairman of Christians in Defense of Israel and Liberty Counsel. “Why Israel Matters is designed to help viewers grow in their understanding of the strong bond each of us shares with Israel through our faith, our heritage and our worldview. Every viewer will be inspired and empowered to be thoughtful, compelling participants in the global conversation about Israel,” said Staver.
The next episodes will include:
- Uncommon Heroes – From Moses and Gideon to King David and Queen Esther, unusual tales of heroism are the trademark of the Jewish people. As evidenced by the modern-day heroes in this episode, that tradition continues.
- Miracles – Israel is a land of miracles. Here, the focus is on a trio of miraculous accounts of the technological, military, and agricultural advances occurring in Israel today.
- Allies – In spite of its many persecutions and political isolation, throughout history allies have arisen to stand up for Israel. Rahab, Cyrus the Great, Oskar Schindler, and countless modern day allies continue in this great legacy.
Air times include:
- Tuesdays, 10:30 p.m. ET / 7:30 p.m. PT.
- Wednesdays, 4:30 p.m. ET / 1:30 p.m. PT
- Fridays, 4:30 a.m. ET / 1:30 a.m. PT
Liberty Counsel is an international litigation, education and policy organization. Liberty Counsel has a number of affiliated ministries, including Christians in Defense of Israel and Covenant Journey, a program that provides a life-changing experience in Israel for Christian college-age students who have leadership potential. Find out more at www.LC.org and www.CovenantJourney.org. For more information, visit the websites for CIDI and TBN